IN ADDITION TO THE REPEAT OF SOME OF THE SAME SUGGESTIONS THAT WERE GIVEN IN 2007 (Note: Please see questions for self examination), here are further steps for our spiritual progress:
- [A] Read Swami Rama’s ART OF JOYFUL LIVING. Keep track of what progress you are making in the paths shown there. [B] Go over the (a) papers on WEAK MIND/STRONG MIND and (b) recordings or transcripts of MARKS OF SPIRITUAL PROGRESS. (Note: Weak Mind/Strong Mind qualities can be found at Mind Field and Marks of Spiritual Progress can be found at Marks of Spiritual Progress)
- Form some new habits in life: [A] “He who eats alone, eats only sin.”---says Rg-veda. “Those who cook for themselves alone, eat only sin.” Do not eat alone. Share your food, and all other pleasures.
- Put aside some pots for this purpose. Every time you cook, or once every day, put aside handful of rice, or flour, daal, a spoonful of oil, or whatever. Save EVERY DAY, yes, EACH day. Gather them over a time. Then find someone hungry, an orphan, a homeless person. Give them personally. Do so PERSONALLY. Do the same with your clothes and other items of personal use. A bar of soap, even. When you buy a pair of socks, buy two, one to give away to the very needy.
- The secret of prosperity is in tithing. Every month take out 1% to 10% of your income. DO SO ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE FEELING FINANCIAL DIFFICULTIES (this is the antidote to those). Give this away to where it brings you no personal benefit or recognition. Having given forget about it. What you give will come back to you tenfold from unexpected sources -- especially if you have truly forgotten that you gave.
- [A] If you have been irregular with your meditations, become regular now. [B] Increase your sitting time even by five minutes.
- Ask guidance to undertake a purash-charana. (Please read svb’s booklet SPECIAL MANTRAS on this). (Note: “Special Mantras” can be found at Special Mantra)
- How many trees can you plant this year and watch over them like your own children?
- Make plans for a period of silence [A] in AHYMSIN regional silence retreats and [B] then at SRSG.
- Prepare (save for it from now) to attend the tri-yearly fire offerings starting 25th February, ending on 11th March 2013. This will include
The mantra for the next three years is both of the sections [A] and [B] done together, one after the other. These two parts together count as "one" repetition. See the "Sankalpa" section below to decide how many repetitions to practice each day. Note the "pronunciation guide" is to be followed (3rd part) for the Gayatri section. The pronunciation spelling of "bhoor" (final "R") is correct, due to rules of Sanskrit grammar. (I.E. it's not a typo).
|अखण्डमण्डलाकारं व्याप्तं येन चराचरम्।
तत्पदं दर्शितं येन तस्मै श्रीगुरवे नमः॥
akhaṇḍa-maṇḍalākāraṁ vyāptaṁ yena carācaram |
|[B]||ॐ भूः ॐ भुवः ॐ स्वः ॐ महः ॐ जन ॐ तपः ॐ सत्यं
ॐ तत्सवितुर्वरेण्यं भर्गो देवस्य धीमहि
धियो यो नः प्रचोदयात्
ॐ आपो ज्योतीरसो अमृतं ब्रह्म भूः भुवः स्वः ॐ
āūṁ bhūḥ āūṁ bhuvaḥ āūṁ svaḥ āūṁ mahaḥ āūṁ janaḥ āūṁ tapaḥ āūṁ satyaṁ
Om Bhooh Om bhuvah Om Svah Om mahah Om janah Om tapah Om satyam.
You can order a CD of the above pronunciation. The CD has comments about the previous 3 years of practice as well as some additional instructions. You can also download the two tracks of the CD
There is a video of Swami Veda Bharari's introduction to the Sangha for the new practice, available on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjcQaEuRpug
Do a sankalpa (resolve) of how many repetitions you will do daily. Minimum 3 or 7 or better 11; middling 33; 51,71, 91 or maximum 108.
Ask for CD of HOW TO DO LONG MANTRAS FASTER.
Swami Ritavan Bharati (everywhere)
Swami Ma Radha Bharati (Lady Swami), SRSG
Dr. Swami Nityamuktananda (Lady Swami), SRSG
Swami Ma Sewa Bharati (Lady Swami), Sadhana Mandir, SRSG, USA
Swami Tat Sat Bharati, Berlin
Dr. Pandit Hari Shankar Dabral, Calgary, Canada
Dr. Stoma Parker, Minneapolis
Wolfgang Bischoff, Hamburg
Carolyn Hume, USA
Linda Billau. Rochester/Minneapolis
Helen Choe. Korea
Rajah Indran, SRSG
Savitri Jugdeo, Toronto
Alexander Benjamin, Trinidad
Michael Kissener, Austria
Wong Yoong Khiang, Singapore
Raghavendra Adiga, Tumkur, India
Idriss Ouedraogo, Burkina Faso (ambassador to India; too busy)
Shi Hong, Hong Kong
Many of these are authorized as mantra initiators.
There are others who can be added to this list. Your questions will be passed on to the appropriate spiritual advisor.
Many of these, and many others (not listed here), are available to travel and teach. Please benefit from them.