Please join Swami Veda Bharati in Minneapolis 2012. The 1st-21st July 2012 retreat period will encompass several events that tie into Swami Veda’s themed message of “Transitions and Speaking in Silence”.
This will be Swami Veda's only US public appearance in 2012 and his last "Speaking/Silence" series in North America before he enters a 5-7 year vow of silence in March 2013 in Rishikesh.
As you know, Swamiji's Spirit is ever bright, but his physical body is challenged. Speaking (lecturing, meeting/appointment requests) is the most draining on the physical body and the doctors are advising he speak less, and/or intermingle with periods of silence as well as travel less and rest more. This year it took 1.5 days to recover after 1 hour of lecturing, as well as 3-4 hours of meditation in preparation before an event. In one year's time, he does not know what it will require. In light of that advice and need, next year Minneapolis 2012 will be Swami Veda's only US public appearance and his last ‘Speaking/Silence’ series before he enters 5-7 year vow of silence in March 2013.
He has much to share in preparing and transitioning students to receive the teachings internally through the Grace of the Lineage.
Plan for the time away “Now” and set it aside for when further details arise. Specific dates and retreat information will be sent as soon as possible.
For now, here is what is known…The retreat with Swami Veda - "Transitions and Speaking in Silence" will include:
• Public Events with Swami Veda and Himalayan Tradition Swamis/Leading Teachers: a mixture of speaking and silence as Swami Veda and others transitions students to receive the teachings through the flowing silence of the Lineage
• Guru Purnima Spiritual Retreat, a silence retreat – July 1 to 4
• Summer Silence Retreat, July 1 – 10
• Guru Purnima Celebration at St. Maron's Cedars Hall, July 3, 6:30 pm
• Swami Veda - Guru Purnima Meditation at The Meditation Center, July 3, 9-10 pm
• Speaking in Silence Retreat, July 6 – 10
• AHYMS-A Meeting at St Thomas University, July 7
• HYT Teacher Training and Continuing Education Retreats – July 8 – 22
Level One (200-Hour & 600-Hour): July 8 – July22
Level Two (600-Hour): July 8 – July 22
Prana Vidya I for Hatha Yoga and Meditation Teachers: July 8 – July 13
Prana Vidya II for Hatha Yoga and Meditation Teachers: July 15 – July 20
Prana Vidya I & II for Hatha Yoga and Meditation Teachers: July 8 - July 20
• Swami Veda at St. Thomas – July 9 – Evening
• Swami Veda at University of Minnesota, July 11, 4:40 – 6:00 pm. (See https://www.csh.umn.edu/thi/Events/index.htm)
For a more information about the summer retreats, please visit https://www.themeditationcenter.org/jnana/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=116&Itemid=184
For more information about Swami Veda in Minneapolis 2012, please visit https://www.themeditationcenter.org/jnana/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=200&Itemid=180
For more information about the HYT Teacher Training and Continuing Education Retreats, please see https://www.hyt-ttp.com/stpaul.html
The program and dates are still in development, so there may be changes.
Please help us – let us know of your intention to attend the July 2012 – Retreat with Swami Veda.
To the Leaders in each city/center, please pass on this information to your members and let The Meditation Center know as soon as possible how many will be attending from your area , so we may reserve location, etc.
For more information and to pre-reserve your spot now contact The Meditation Center at