We are pleased to announce the first ever AHYMSIN Sangha Gathering in South India on 7th & 8th April 2018 in Bangalore, India.
We will gather to pay our respect and gratitude to Gurudeva Swami Rama and our beloved Swami Veda Bharati, to renew our commitment to our own sadhana, to nurture one another as Kalyana Mitras and to strengthen the Guru’s mission in South India.
Swami Ritavan Bharati, Ashram Pramukh of Swami Rama Sadhaka Grama and AHYMSIN Spiritual Guide, will be present for this gathering. Other senior members from the tradition attending the gathering will be Shri Raghavendra Adiga, a mantra initiator, a member of the AHYMSIN Adhyatama Samiti, and centre leader of Himalayan Centre for Yoga Meditation, Tumkur, Karnataka; and Smt. Jyothi Pattabhi Ram, a direct disciple of Swami Rama, director of Sadhana Sangama Trust, and an accomplished Bharatanatyam dancer and teacher.
The two day schedule will have talks, discussions, sharing, yajna, prayers, hatha, pranayama, guided meditation and cultural program and more.
We will begin with arrivals at the venue by 9:30 am on 7th April 2018 (Saturday) and conclude by 2 pm on 8th April 2018 (Sunday). The tentative program schedule will be like this:
• Arrival at the venue by 9:30 am on 7th April 2018
• We will begin with Guru Puja.
• First day will be orientation, introductions and getting to know one another.
• A lecture by Swami Ritavan Bharati
• Sharing experiences in the Tradition
• Evening guided meditation by Swami Ritavan Bharati
• Cultural program and prayers in the evening
• Day two will begin with morning hatha, pranayama and meditation.
• Yajna with Guru and Gayatri Mantras
• Discussions on strengthening the sangha and teachings of the Tradition
Who is invited?
• All initiates in the Himalayan Yoga Tradition as taught by Swami Rama of the Himalayas and Mahamadaleshwar Swami Veda Bharati
• People who have visited SRSG or AHYMSIN worldwide centres even if they are not initiated
• All initiates in the Himalayan Yoga Tradition, from any part of India and the world
• For first timers, there is a retreat being offered at the same time, same venue. Hatha Yoga: Gateway to Meditation Retreat is open for all. Please bring your family and friends along for this retreat. See more details here.
Venue and Accommodation
The venue The School of Ancient Wisdom is a spiritual retreat centre on outskirts of Bangalore, just 15 minutes drive from the Bangalore International Airport. Interestingly, this serene, lush green retreat centre has a Swami Rama connection, which makes it very special.
Accommodation will be on twin sharing basis, food will be simple, vegetarian south Indian meals.
Fee & Payment
Registrations for gathering will be open between 1st February and 28th February 2018.
The gathering is being organised by Veda Youth group, a group of young, future leaders that Swami Veda Bharati invited in 2011 to ensure the continuity of teachings and take forward the mission of AHYMSIN.
Sringeri Pilgrimage with Swami Ritavan Bharati, 9-10 April 2018
Embark upon an 8-hour road trip from Bangalore to Sringeri with Swami Ritavan Bharati.
"1200 years ago Adi Shankaracharya organized his teaching into five centers of the Himalayan Tradition. As one of those five, our tradition is the Bharati lineage connected with the Shankaracharyas at the Shringeri Seat." ~ Swami Veda Bharati
Right after the AHYMSIN Sangha Gathering in South India!