Swami Veda Bharati advised many who asked for guidance to use this list.
• Living with the Himalayan Masters by Swami Rama
o Video: Swami Rama of the Himalayas
Audio: *The Guru-Disciple Relationship (Swami Veda)
• Meditation and Its Practice by Swami Rama
o Audios: (a) *Five Minute Meditation by Swami Veda (b) Beginning Meditation by Swami Veda.
• The Royal Path, Chapter 7, “What is Meditation” by Swami Rama
o Video: Tat Tvam Asi (Swami Veda)
• “The Himalayan Tradition” in Night Birds by Swami Veda Bharati
• “Beginning Meditation” in Night Birds by Swami Veda Bharati
o Audio with book: *Learn to Meditate (plus relaxation exercises) by Swami Veda Bharati.
o Video: Treading the Path of Superconscious Meditation (Swami Rama)
• Superconscious Meditation by Swami Veda Bharati (Pandit Usharbudh Arya)
• Philosophy of Hatha Yoga by Swami Veda (Pandit Usharbudh Arya)
• “Mantra What and Why” in Night Birds by Swami Veda
• “Mantra After Initiation” in Night Birds by Swami Veda
• The Royal Path (remaining chapters) by Swami Rama
• A Practical Guide to Holistic Health by Swami Rama
o Video: Spiritual Origins of Holistic Health (Swami Rama)
• Art of Joyful Living by Swami Rama
• Path of Fire and Light, Vol 2, by Swami Rama
• Science of Breath by Swami Rama
o Audio: *Dynamics of Breath (Swami Veda)
• Mantra and Meditation by Swami Veda (Pandit Usharbudh Arya)
o Audio: *Mantra as the Core of Meditation (Swami Veda)
o Audio: *Atma-tattva-avalokanam (Swami Veda)
• Perennial Psychology of the Bhagavad Gita by Swami Rama
• Yoga and Psychotherapy by Swami Rama and others
o Audio: *Exercise without Movement (Swami Ritavan Bharati)
• Sacred Journey by Swami Rama
• Exercises for Joints & Glands by Swami Rama
• Choosing a Path by Swami Rama
o Video Series: Yoga Sutras (Swami Rama)
o Audio Series: *Sankhya Philosophy (Swami Veda)
o Audio: *Kevala Kumbhaka (Swami Veda)
o Audio: *Readings from the Upanishads (Swami Veda)
o Audio Series: *Meditations from the Upanishads (Swami Veda)
o Video: Mandukya Upanishad (Swami Rama)
• Enlightenment without God by Swami Rama
o Video Series: Mandukya Upanishad (Swami Rama)
• Book of Wisdom: Ishopanisahd by Swami Rama
o Video Series: Isha Upanishad (Ishopanishad) (Swami Rama)
• Life Here and Hereafter (Swami Rama)
• Sacred Journey (Swami Rama)
o Video: Saundarya Lahari (Swami Rama)
• Yogi in the Lab by Swami Veda
• God by Swami Veda
Please inquire about Swami Veda Bharati’s 30 booklets on various topics.
• Superconscious Meditation (Basic philosophy of meditation and its practice in the Himalayan Tradition)
• Mantra and Meditation
• Constituents of Personality (also known as Systems within Personality) (covers such topics as subtle body, causal body, five koshas, samskarasa, karma…)
• Kundalini and Chakras (What are they? Where are they?)
• Marks of Spiritual Progress
• Counseling according to Bhagavad-gita
• Meditations from the Tantras
• Meditations from the Upanishads
• Sankhya Philosophy (prerequisite to Yoga-sutras)
• Yoga-sutras of Patanjali (I,II,III) (2006 at Swami Rama Sadhaka Grama)
• Philosophy of Ayurveda (summary of first few select chapters of Charaka-samhita (on our psycho-physical systems and philosophy of ‘using thoughts and attitudes’)
• Shiva-sutras (First 17 sutras).
• Philosophy of Alphabet (How our speech originated through atman-mind-prana-breath and becomes sounds)
Do inquire about recordings of teachings of special interest on a wide variety of topics such as (a) attitude to illness (b) attitude to money (c) meditation for pain management (d) unblocking yourself--- and 5000 more hours of recordings.
Practice listening with earphones until the earphones are no longer needed when the practices have been assimilated.
First please see the titles of audio-recordings in the Reading List above. These titles are marked with a star *. Only after you have mastered the content of these, the further listening may begin as follows.
There are several hundred recorded pathways in meditation, available to those who wish to advance methodically. Then there are special interest meditations such as (a) How to find one’s chakra (b) Muslim meditations guided (c) Christian meditations guided (with explanatory lectures) and numerous others.
Inquiries for these books, videos, and audios can be made at:
Some materials can also be found at other bookstores.
Some Swami Rama videos can be found on YouTube (see https://www.youtube.com/user/swamiramahimalayas?feature=watch):
• Treading the Path of Superconscious Meditation
• Yoga Sutras
• Mandukya Upanishad
• Isha Upanishad (Ishopanishad)
• Saundarya Lahari
Some of the books authored by Swami Veda Bharati were published with the author's name as Pandit Usharbudh Arya. Before he took sannyas, Swami Veda Bharati was Pandit Usharbudh Arya.
There is also a book Exercise Without Movement: As Taught by Swami Rama (Manual, No 1), published by Himalayan Institute Press, 1984. It is currently out of print, but you may be able to find it on the internet or in a used bookstore.